Thursday, March 8, 2012

Cerro Qreen Brush Set

Hey everyone! J
I'm going to make a review on Cerro Qreen 7pc brush set which I received last March 1st that I bought online for Php500 plus shipping. These are really cheap travel size brushes.


This is going to be my first product review so I hope you'll find it helpful. J


Here we go.... ^_^










FIRST IMPRESSION: The COLOR!!! It's in Purple, so girly and fun! The handle is pearly-off-white colored wood and the ferrule is stainless, in the color lilac. And because of its cheap price, I expected it to be, well, not good. But man!!! I'm glad I was wrong. J






It has a Purple Pouch with Purple Ribbon and 7 brushes:

  1. Powder/Blush Brush
  2. Big Eyeshadow Brush
  3. Small Eyeshadow Brush
  4. Angled Liner/Brow Brush
  5. Lip Brush
  6. Flat Liner Brush
  7. Eye Smudge Brush


  • POWDER/BLUSH BRUSH



***This is the softest brush of the bunch. The brush itself is also in PURPLE. How cool is that? Haha!
Anyway, this one is made of goat hair, it is dense enough and picks up product easily that makes this brush perfect for patting products onto the apples of the cheeks & for contouring the cheeks, temples, hairline & jawline because of its size. I have also tried this with my loose powder and it did a great job! This brush is really versatile.. ^_^

I have washed this twice now, and it didn't bled nor shed.

Cerro Qreen Powder Brush in comparison with Marionnaud N30 Powder Brush


  • EYESHADOW & SMALL EYESHADOW BRUSH

***Eyeshadow Brush ---- This eyeshadow brush is one of the densest yet soft eyeshadow brushes that I own. It is roughly a centimeter wide, slightly tapered, ideal for applying eye shadow all over the lids, made from pony hair which you can also use wet for more vibrant eye shadow application.

***Small Eyeshadow Brush ---- This brush is just a small version of the Eyeshadow brush but has a rounded tip. It is more or less two/thirds of the other eyeshadow brush and a bit thinner. The bristles are shorter and densely packed, also made of pony hair.

What I really love about these brushes are its capability to pick up products well, yet when I wash it, the products are easily washed-off.
It doesn't bleed, but I am afraid that these brushes shed a bit. :((


  • ANGLED LINER/BROW BRUSH



***This brush is ideal for filling the brow and/or lining the lash line. The brush is made of fiber and yes, it stiff yet very soft.
I haven't actually used this one yet, but I'm very positive that this brush will serve its purpose. ^_^



  • SMALL FLAT LINER BRUSH



***Oh! This one is adorable!!! This brush is made of fiber, it's really thin, stiff and tapered that I ended up using this every single time I apply cream/gel liner. With this brush, I can precisely line my eyes the way I want like a pro! ^_^


comparison


  • LIP BRUSH


***This brush comes with a plastic protector. I would prefer it to have a really decent cover instead of the plastic one, but it'll do. :) I haven't actually used this brush, but it looks good with its bristles so soft and tapered.



  • EYE SMUDGE BRUSH



***This is not actually a brush per se. It is a hard sponge-like tip, usually use to smudge, hence the name, products such as pencil liners, etcetera.
I haven't tried this yet, but for, this brush is not a necessity when it comes to applying makeup, because merely my fingers or a q-tip can do its job. (But, hey, it's me; some may find this tool very effective. Why don't you try it yourself then let me know your thoughts about it.) ^_^




PROS:

  1. it's PURPLE! :D
  2. Really cheap for only Php500 for 7 different tools.
  3. The brushes are really soft, especially the Powder/Blush brush.
  4. Very compact & lightweight, very ideal for travelling.
  5. Does not bleed
  6. Easy to wash.

CONS:

  1. Eye shadow brushes shed. :( (i will let you know if these brushes still shed the next time I use it.)
  2. This set/brand is not easily available to every online seller.
    (You can contact me if you are interested on buying one for yourself. ^_^)


VERDICT: I am really happy & satisfied with these brushes! This set, though cheap, is really of quality. So, if you are thinking of buying your first brush set and you are on a strict budget, why not try this one?




I think, that is all.... ^_^

I hope you enjoyed reading, and I hope this helped you in some ways. ^_^

Please, don't hesitate to contact me or comment below with your questions or suggestions. <3

'Til next time lovelies!!! Ciao!




xoxo
MeldaMae



13 comments:

  1. I have this brush set too and I love using them. This is my first brush set and I got the pink one. This is really really worth the money you're spending. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true!!! :)
      i love using these too! and aside from the good quality brushes, the color is super fun too which is a plus! <3

      btw, thank you for visiting my blog.. ^_^

      Delete
  2. nice brush set....love reading your blogs. i hope you don't mind visiting my blog too , jhoyejoi.blogspot.com

    stay happy ÜÜÜ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ^_^ yes, this brush set is quite good.. hehe..
      i'll definitely visit your blog.. Godbless! ♥

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I was thinking whether to buy or not this brand brushes..and I am going straight to payment now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! Glad to hear! ^_^
      i hope you'll love these as much as I did! ^_^
      Enjoy your new brushes! I'm so excited for you!

      Thanks for visiting my blog! Godbless!

      xoxo MeldaMae

      Delete
  4. Hello! Where can i buy those brushes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nice review!It helps! I am contemplating on purchasing one! This is the best review about Cerro Qreen I read so far! By the way, I love reading your blog! God bless...:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It's much appreciated! ♥

♥ ♥ ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...