Friday, March 23, 2012

Cracking/Shatter Nail Polish

Hey Dolls! :) It's been, what, 2weeks since my last post. So, here's one for all of you... <3


Here's my short review on my BarryM cracking nail effects & Beauty UK shatter polishes. I hope you all like it & find it helpful.. ^_^


L-R: Beauty UK Shatter Polish in GOTH, PUNK, GLAM ROCK
& Barry M Instant Cracking Nail Effect in GOLD GLITTER


These babies I purchased online on a very reasonable price from Hoopsandloops. :)

One thing about these nail polishes, you need to apply a base nail polish(any Nail Polish you have) before applying this Shatter/Cracking nail polishes.


i used these NYX Girls Polishes as base
L-R: Black, Pimp my Nail, Bloody Mary, Mermaid Green 
And so, I went ahead and applied 2 coatings of these NYX Nail Polishes i have.
(I will be doing a separate post/review on these nail polishes in the future.. hehehe.. ^_^)

***The thing is, you should let the base polishes to be totally dry before applying the shatter/cracking polishes to avoid the base to smudge when the cracking polishes are being applied.







After the base polishes are quite dry, I applied these shatter/cracking polishes.

  • The first one is the BarryM Instant Nail Effect in GOLD GLITTER. Yes, it is really gold..haha!
    I applied this on top of the NGP(nyx girl polish) in Black. As you can see, the cracks are big & chunky, that is because I applied a thick amount(two-three coatings) of the nail polish. If you want to achieve small cracks, apply single coat of the polish. ^_^

  • Second is BeautyUK Shatter Polish in PUNK. The color is HOT PINK & other call it Neon Pink & it's semi-matte which I super love!!!
    I applied it on top the NGP Pimp my Nail (Neon Green in color).
    Look how pretty the outcome is!!! :)
    I applied single coat of this shatter polish, hence the small cracks. ^_^

  • Third, Beauty UK Shatter Polish in GOTH. It's semi-matte like the PUNK one but this one is my favorite because the color is very versatile & I can use this on top of any of my nail polishes.. ^_^
    For this post, I applied 2 coats of this polish on top of my NGP BloodyMary which is Red in color.
    **For me, this color is prettier when applied lightly with small cracks. :)

  • Lastly, Beauty UK Shatter Polish in GLAM ROCK. I applied this one on top of my NGP Mermaid Green.
    What can I say about this one? Urgh! This frustrates me!!! Seriously.
    I have been trying & re-applying this polish for a while now & always get the same results, even when applied lightly or thickly.
    Look at the picture. It cracks ever so lightly like nothing is happening. :( I don't know what's wrong with this one. 



VERDICT: These polishes are great addition to every girls' kikay kit, especially the Pink & Black ones because those are the most versatile. :) These polishes when applied right and combined with right colors for base will give your nails that extra umph. ;)
and if you are bored with your plain nail polishes, why don't you give these a try? ^_^



That's it!!! I hope you all enjoyed reading my post. :)
Don't hesitate to comment down below for your questions and/or suggestions. :)

Smile always & stay beautiful!


xoxo
MeldaMae

10 comments:

  1. ooh nice! like all the colors :)

    ChinChin
    www.thekikaychronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I like 'em too!! hehe..
      Thanks for reading my post.. ^_^

      Delete
  2. thank you! :) I already followed your blog.
    This is very humbling, to be able to know more bloggers around the globe. thank you again for inviting me.. It's really such a pleasure! Godbless!

    xoxo
    MeldaMae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from France
    I am very happy to welcome you!
    Your blog is accepted in the Philippines in a minute!

    On the right side with the books of green! You will find the country with the names of blogs by Country
    Invite your friends to join us in the "directory"
    The creation of this new blog "directory", allow a rapprochement between different countries, knowledge of different cultures and share traditions.et us different passions, fashion, paintings, crafts, cooking, photography, poetry and so be able to find in different countries in other people with similar passions.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world.
    The more people and more opportunities that will, yes, I confess, I need people to know this blog!
    You are in some way the Ambassador of this blog and your Country.
    This is not a personal blog, I create for all to enjoy
    It is you also have to make known after your contacts and friends in your blog domain, the success of this blog, depends all Participants.
    So during your next comments with your friends ask them to come in the 'Directory' by joining in joining in our comments:
    *** I am in the directory come join me! http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/ ***
    You want this directory is more important? help me to make it grow
    Your blog is in the list Philippines and I hope this list will grow very quickly
    Regards
    Chris
    We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice has to know the "directory" to your friends to put on your blog
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/19/120319072128505749603643.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/24/1203240217091250289621842.png
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/28/120328020518505749640557.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/26/1203260602581250289633006.gif

    If you wish to know the blog of your friends, send me their urls
    I see that you know many people in your country, you can try to get them in the directory?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the last ones! The effect is awesome! :)

    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    PS - Will be having a BIG GIVEAWAY soon! Do follow if you wanna be updated about it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Thank you! ^_^

      Sure! I'll follow your blog.. :) I hope you followed mine as well. :) <3 <3 <3

      xoxo
      Melda

      Delete
  5. I would like to have one of these polishes. By the way i added you up. New follower here. Mine to follow back?

    www.keezandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following my blog.. :) ♥
      Sure, ill check your blog too..

      xoxo
      MeldaMae

      Delete
  6. Hi Dear,

    I like Your Blog Very Much..I see Daily Your Blog ,is A Very Useful For me.

    Marijuana Concentrates Buy Wax Online, Buy Shatter.Buy Shatter OnlineIf you prefer a concentrate over dried flower, we’ve got a selection to keep you medicated for days.


    Visit Here - https://cannabisweedy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It's much appreciated! ♥

♥ ♥ ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...