Sunday, May 13, 2012

Real Techniques Core Collection

I have been wanting to share this to all of you since March because I am really excited about this product.
Last March 17, 2012 I have decided to order another brush set from
 Makeup Stash by Avi this time, I really went for it and bought something more expensive. ;)


I present to you my very first set of Real Techniques set, the Core Collection.. <3


As I have mentioned, this is, by then, the most expensive brushes I bought. I think I got this for Php1,400 shipping included, more or less. (haha! sorry, ulyanin na ako!)

So....now for the review... :D


  • ABOUT THE LINE (Real Techniques)

Designed with pro makeup artist Samantha Chapman, Real Techniques brushes combine high-tech materials with innovative design to make creating a pixel-perfect look easier than ever:
  • Taklon bristles are ultra plush and smoother than the hair you'll find in other brushes. Since taklon is synthetic, it's 100% cruelty-free. The soft fibers help create a flawless, high-definition finish in any type of light – from sunlight to harsh indoor lighting.
  • The color-coded system corresponds to the key steps of makeup application so you can create a flawless baseenhanced eyes,and the perfect finish like a pro.
  • Each brush head is hand-cut to the perfect shape, allowing for precise application from dense coverage to a soft, delicate finish.
  • The collection is suitable for a wide range of products and every makeup need – from powders, creams, and liquids to mineral makeup, highlighter, and shimmer. 
  • Brush names on the handles make for easy reference when creating your favorite look.












  • ABOUT THE BRUSH


























1. Ultra-plush taklon bristles for high-definition results.

2. Extended aluminum ferrules for light, easy use.

3. Brush names for quick reference.

4. Self-standing bases* for countertop display

5. Panoramic brush cases included with sets for travel or display.

*Most individually sold brushes are self-standing.


The Core Collection includes the following..


  • BUFFING BRUSH
Box description: Ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation.

Buffing Brush
This brush has a flat top but a slightly rounded edges.
From its name "buffing", this brush is really great for blending and/or buffing products on the face.
This is dense enough to be used for powder, cream and liquid products.


I actually use it to blend/buff my concealer, then to apply powder foundation. :D


What I love about this brush?
Aside from its being so soft? It's versatility! This can actually use to apply light to heavy foundation, to blushes and even in contouring! :D


Here's a simple comparison to Marrionnaud's N30 Powder Brush..





  • CONTOUR BRUSH

Box Description: delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish.



This brush is delicately tapered, that it has a perfectly shaped tip for  contouring certain area of the face, hence the name.. ^_^




Here's a simple comparison of this brush to Cerro Qreen Powder/Blush Brush.. click here for my Cerro Qreen review



What I love about this brush?


With this brush, I can now contour my face easily & way faster. Because of the brush shape, I can apply contouring powder/cream only on areas I desire..makes my everyday routine easier..seriously!!! :D I used to spend a lot, and I mean a lot on contouring because I want my face to be properly contoured, though not perfect at least decent..if you know what I mean.. ;)

  • Pointed Foundation Brush
Box Description: use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage.



This brush is just like your typical foundation brush but a bit more tapered/pointed, but this is smaller than usual.


This is a little too tiny for my liking, it takes time to apply foundation whenever I use this. But I actually use this one to apply my face primer.

  • Detailer Brush

Box description: precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or use with lipstick for long lasting shape and definition.


This brush may seem small but it does a lot of things!
At times, I use it to spot-conceal my blemishes, sometimes I use it as a lip brush and there are also times that I use it to apply e/s on my bottom lids.
This brush is very useful that is why I love having this brush all the time!


  • Panoramic Case
Box description: dual carrier and stand keeps brushes organized on your counter or on the go.


This may look like a regular case, but it does more...



This one is so fine!!!
It doesn't only keep the brushes, and function as stand, but I also use this case every time I dry my brushes.
I just put the brush upside down, and voila, I can dry some of my brushes without worrying water to stay on the ferrule.
I just hope RealTechniques will think of selling separate cases like this, with a lot more brush compartments.. That would be awesome!!! <3




PROS:
  1. All the brushes are super soft.
  2. The handle, for me, is just the perfect size for application.
  3. The buffing & contouring brush can actually stand on its own on a flat surface.
  4. Easy to clean.
CONS:
  1. This brush set night be a little too expensive for some.
  2. The Pointed Foundation Brush can be really small & time consuming when used.
  3. The case's compartments/brush slots is only made from garter which on the long run, might be a problem. (actually mine is already starting to tear.)
  4. Brushes are a little bit hard to put on the slots especially large brushes.

VERDICT:
I am really really really happy & super satisfied with this brush set. This set might be a little expensive, but this one right here is a very good investment both for professional or personal use. :) If I my budget will allow, I will go and try out the other sets of Real Techniques!



I think that's it! :D
I hope you enjoyed reading & this post/review helped you in some ways.. <3
'Til next time lovelies!!!



Smile always & Stay beautiful
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. nice review ate :3 will purchase real techniques soon :DD <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you aly! :D wow wow! super excited for you.. hehehe.. <3 much love <3

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. It's much appreciated! ♥

♥ ♥ ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...